General Terms and Conditions of Cheapfiets
The following definitions apply in the General Terms and Conditions below:
Article 1: Definitions and general:
- The agreement between Cheapfiets and the Renter for the use of the Bicycle by the Renter as well as any other agreement between Cheapfiets and the Renter;
- General Terms and Conditions: These General Terms and Conditions that apply to every Subscription.
- Bicycle: The bicycle made available to the Renter by Cheapfiets on the basis of the Subscription for use by the Renter in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.
- Renter of Tenant:Any natural person or legal entity who enters into a subscription with Cheapfiets.
- Cheapfiets: Cheapfiets, Gedempte Zuiderdiep 95, 9711HD Groningen and with Chamber of Commerce number 01159924.
Article 8: Payment
- It is a prepaid subscription, the Renter is required to pay all the rent and the deposit upfront by cash or by pin of online payment.
- The online payment is only for VISA, Credit and Mastercard card and the charge fee is euro five.
Article 9: Liability
- If the Renter starts using a Bicycle, this will be interpreted as proof that it is functioning properly and shows no defects.
- If the Renter has any doubts about the safety of the Bicycle, direct contact must be made with Cheapfiets on the day of the delivery of the bicycle.
Article 2: Applicability
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to every Subscription between Cheapfiets and Renter.
- All amounts mentioned by Cheapfiets include Value Added Tax (VAT).
Article 10: Deposit
- At the start of the rental period, the tenant owes a deposit to Cheapfiets.
- At the end of the rental period, the deposit will be refunded to the renter, unless the bicycle is damaged. In that case Cheapfiets is entitled to settle the damage with the deposit.
Article 3: Subscription, extension and cancellation
- The Renter is provided with a Bicycle for the duration of the prepaid Subscription.
- The minimal prepaid subscription is 5 months.
- At the end of this period, Cheapfiets will charge of the price of daily rent if the renter does not bring the bicycle back on time.
- The renter has to send email or to come to our shop to extend the rental period.
- If the bicycle is returned before the date agreed upon the full rent is to be paid.
- The renter get back the deposit euro twenty five if the bicycle has no damage and in good condition back.
Article 11: Non-compliance with obligations
- Cheapfiets has the right to terminate the Subscription in the whole or in a part with immediate effect or to cancel it by means of a written email of verbally notice to the Renter if:
- The Renter is in default with the fulfillment of his obligations under the Subscription.
- In the opinion of Cheapfiets, the renter abuses the service offered by Cheapfiets;
- Tenant intentionally incorrect information.
Article 4: Tenant obligation
- Renter rents the bicycle at his/her own risk.
- Copy of the renter identification ID of Passport and Student Card are required.
- The renter shall look after the rented bicycle with due care and attention.
- Renter is responsible for damage.
- The Bicycle is exclusively intended for personal use by the Renter.
- It is not permitted to be on the bicycle with more than 1 person.
- It is not permitted to loan or to rent the bicycle.
- The Bicycle remains at all times owned by Cheapfiets.
- The Renter is not permitted to establish or grant any (security) right to the Bicycle on behalf of a third party.
- Renter may not make any changes to the Bicycle that cannot be removed without damaging the Bicycle.
- Renter must be 18 years of age or older and able to take out a subscription.
- Minors can only take out a subscription with the permission of a parent or guardian.
- All the rent and the deposit must be paid at once in front.
- As the bicycle is equipped with behind wheel lock and chain lock, the renter must lock the bicycle with the two(2) locks always, and the chain lock has to be always attached to something immovable whenever the renter park.
- Renter is expected to have received the rented bicycle in good condition and clean.
- Renter is expected to have delivered the bicycle in good condition and clean.
- In case that the bicycle is not clean the renter has to pay euro thirty five.
- It is not permitted to drive on flat tire, if so the renter has to pay euro ten.
- The renter has to bring the bicycle to our shop for the service we provide.
- The deposit is euro twenty five per bicycle.
- The renter shall pick up the bicycle to our location and bring it back at the end of rental period and always make appointment for that.
- The Renter must return the bicycle and the two keys to Cheapfiets before or on the end Date on the contract.
- The Renter is personally liable for compliance with the General Conditions.
- Dutch law applies to the Subscription and all the General Terms and Conditions.
Article 12: Personal data that we process
- Cheapfiets processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide these to us yourself. Below you will find an overview of the personal data that we process.
First and last name, Address details (street, house number, postcode, town),
Date of birth
Wish start of renting
- Cheapfiets.com processes your personal data for the following purposes.
- To be able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary to be able to perform our services.
- Offer you the possibility to subscribe to reserve a bike for rent.
- For sending a news latter after you have explicitly given your own consent by entering your name and e-mail address on the website www.cheapfiets.com.
Article 5: Cheapfiets obligations
- Cheapfiets takes care of a bicycle that is equipped with 2 locks (with a chain lock and a behind wheel lock) and working front light and working behind light. The battery are not included on the service.
- The lessor which is Cheapfiets is at all times empowered to call in the hired object after supposed misuse.
Article 13: Change
- Changes to the General Terms and Conditions are announced at least one month before the commencement date by means of a notice on the website www.Cheapfiets.com.
- Cheapfiets has the right to transfer its claims against the Renter for any reason whatsoever to third parties.
Article 6: Theft or loss
- In case of loss or theft of the bicycle, the Renter is obliged to report this to Cheapfiets within 24 hours to make a declaration and make a report to the police and has to pay the current value of the bicycle loss of rent not being included, the current value is euro one hundred and fifty.
- If parts of the bicycle are missing or stolen, The renter has to pay the part of missing. Cheapfiets determine the price which is in our shop.
- Cheapfiets always has the reserve keys for the Bicycle. If the Renter loses the two keys, they can get the reserve keys for euro twenty-five.
Article 7: Damage
- Renter is responsible for damage.
- Renter is therefore responsible for any damage to the rented bicycle and is to pay all the damaged parts.
- Renter is fully liable to damage caused to third parties.
- Cheapfiets has the right to check the bicycle in the state it is in. The renter is obliged to lend his cooperation to (on call from Cheapfiets) carrying out checks, modifications and maintenance.
- In the event of damage and wear of the bicycle other than what can be expected by normal use, Cheapfiets reserves the right to recover the costs thereof from the Renter.
- Cheapfiets is not liable for any damage suffered by the Renter as a result of the use of the Bicycle.
- The Renter is responsible for timely passing on any defects and / or damage to the Bicycle.